Author Topic: Real AVro Arrow Historical documents  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Michael

Real AVro Arrow Historical documents
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:11:07 pm »
I am auctioning off a collection of real Avro Arrow related documents.

If anyone knows of any interested parties, let me know.

Avro Arrow historical collection - Auction Dec. 9, 2007

http://www.empireauctions.com/

http://toronto.empireauctions.com/

EMPIRE AUCTIONS of Toronto presents an extensive collection of more than 100 pieces of A.V. Roe company documents, secret documents, letter drafts, employee notices, memorabilia, photos relating to the Avro Arrow project and its cancellation, and other related aviation historical material, from the desks of Sir Roy Dobson, Crawford Gordon, Fred Smye and J.Plant, termination telegrams from the House of Commons and the Department of Defence Production to A.V. Roe and Orenda Engines, numbered secret booklets produced by A.V. Roe outlining Arrow specs and capabilities, and a numbered secret booklet outlining defence requirements for North America. Photographs of the Arrow and CF-100, alongside test pilots, engineers and management. These materials came from the Malton plant of A.V. Roe, surviving the total destruction of Arrow related material ordered by the government of Prime Minister Diefenbaker in 1959.

This entire assemblage is from the possessions of a former employee at A.V.Roe, who began his tenure at the Malton plant May 25, 1953, who was one of the fortunate few that stayed on after "Black Friday". Materials included document this gentleman’s lifelong involvement with aviation from his time at the R.A.F. as an apprentice aircraft engineer, to Hawker Siddeley in England, to the 440 Squadron in Bagotville Quebec, and to A.V.Roe in Malton to work on the Arrow project. He is a published author of aviation history, acknowledged by several authors of important books on the Arrow, the CF-100, the Jetliner and more, for help provided by him on these projects.

Interested parties should contact Michael Rogozinsky, 416-784-4261, toronto@empireauctions.com

Michael

Papa

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:20:42 pm »
I'm sure the Toronto Museum would be very interested as would Hamilton.
Jack.

Offline byrocat

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
Michael, I saw this posted on RC Canada, and have one quick question on the picture of the Arrows with Spud's and Jan's authgraphs. Is that an original picture/signatures or is it one of the AHFC calendar pages?

You might want to talk to the AHFC themselves (www.ahfc.org); with the best contact being Nick Doran (Past President) and Frank Harvey (President). Frank may also be a contact for the TAM.

Nick's the best choice as Frank's mailbox is currently full.

Offline Michael

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:50:37 pm »
Original photo with signatures.

Michael